This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see our Disclaimer page.
Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are one of our favorite dishes to prepare when on the keto diet. With a savory flavor from the sausage mixed with the creamy deliciousness of the cream cheese, you can’t go wrong. Whether served as an appetizer or a full meal, these keto sausage stuffed mushrooms will impress your family and your guests. They are super quick to prepare and not especially expensive to plan for in your weekly budget.
Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushroom Ingredients:
- 1 lb Pork Sausage (mix it up with spicy or sage flavored varieties to see what you like best!)
- 24 mushrooms (try cremini for a bite-sized option, or portabella for fully-loaded!)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Fresh Thyme (to taste)
- 1/2 cup onion
- Fresh Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Olive Oil Spray (Our favorite is the 365 by Whole Foods brand)
- Firstly, set out your cream cheese and allow it to soften to room temperature.
- Prepare your mushrooms by removing the stems. (Stems can be added to your saute mixture below or discarded.)
- Mince garlic and onions and thyme to a small mixture.
- Chop parsley and set aside.
- In a large pan, spray a bit of olive oil and lightly saute the onions, garlic, and thyme mixture.
- Once lightly browned, add in your sausage and cook the mixture until done. Once finished, remove the mix from heat and drain the grease to ensure the mushrooms aren’t too moist.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sausage mixture, softened cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese (save a small bit of parmesan for garnish) and stir until well mixed.
- Lay out your mushroom caps on a tinfoil lined baking sheet. Spray lightly with olive oil.
- Fill the mushroom caps with a spoonful of the sausage mixture. It’s okay they overflow!
- Garnish the tops of the mushroom caps with the remaining parmesan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 375 degrees. (We recommend checking at the 20 minute mark to see how well-cooked they are.)
- To serve, remove from the oven and garnish with the chopped parsley.
- Place on a plate and enjoy!
To sum up, keto sausage stuffed mushrooms are delicious and easy and you and your guests will not be disappointed!
If you’re just starting out on the Keto Diet, it can be a little daunting. Check out our Essential Keto Tool Kit to find some items and tips for getting started. You won’t regret it!