This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see our Disclaimer page.
Keto cauliflower mac & cheese is a delicious and low-carb alternative to regular macaroni and cheese, and it’s very easy to prepare. Not only does it taste similar to the original, the texture is pretty close as well.
Keto Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Ingredients:
- 2 medium heads Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 4 cups Shredded Cheddar
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss your cauliflower florets with salt, pepper, minced garlic and olive oil to taste.
- Lay out the cauliflower on a large baking sheet (our favorite are the Nordic Ware), and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, in a large cast iron pan (we recommend a coated dutch oven like this 5.5 Qt. Staub) add your butter, cream, and cream cheese. Allow it to simmer and add in the shredded cheese until melted.
- Once the cauliflower is ready, add it into your cheese mixture. It is ready to serve!
If you wish, you can put the dutch oven (uncovered) into your oven for another 10 – 15 minutes to get your mac and cheese crispy on top. Otherwise it is ready to serve!
Some keto-friendly additions to liven up your mac & cheese are:
- Ground Sausage
- Green Onion
- Hot Sauce
- Taco Seasoning
- Buffalo Sauce
Keto cauliflower mac and cheese is easy to make and even better to enjoy! For more ideas on how to get yourself started on the keto diet, check out our Essential Keto Tool Kit.